Navigating MWBE Requirements for New York State Contracts
Wednesday, November 9, 2022 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Lunch 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Program Meeting New York Office of General Services’ goal for the utilization
Wednesday, November 9, 2022
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Lunch
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Program
Meeting New York Office of General Services’ goal for the utilization of Minority- and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE) on State contracts can be confusing and, if not done properly, lead to devastating financial and long-term consequences for businesses. This program will focus on common pitfalls contractors face when forming and performing under MWBE utilization plans, including what the State considers a “commercially useful function” or a “pass-through” entity, and how to avoid common red flags that can jumpstart a State investigation into a business that is subject to New York’s MWBE goal-setting program.
This program is designed for owners of construction companies, estimators, project managers and purchasing administrators.
Erin C. Borek
Partner, Phillips Lytle LLP, One Canalside, 125 Main Street, 8th Floor, Buffalo, NY 14203
Ample parking is available in adjacent public lots and ramps on both Washington and Exchange Streets.
RSVP to Kathy Gibbons at email@example.com or (716) 847-5469 by Wednesday, November 2.
(Wednesday) 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Phillips Lytle LLP
One Canalside, 125 Main Street, 8th Floor
- NYS Require Prevailing Wage on All Roadway Excavations October 3, 2023
- Stop NYS WBE Decertifications September 28, 2023
- Reminder: Pay Transparency Law Takes Effect September 19, 2023
- NLRB Allows Employees to Unionize Without an Election September 14, 2023
- DOL announces proposed changes to clarify regulations on authorized employee representation during workplace inspections September 8, 2023